0
Sponsored Link

A heartless pregnant woman has been arrested after she used a hot iron to carve big marks on the body of her housemaid.
A heartless pregnant housewife, 39, identified as Mrs. Monica Momodu, has brutalized her housemaid by burning the 13-year-old Sara Egbadon with hot pressing iron.
Egbadon, a Junior Secondary School 2 pupil, was brought from Supenu-Irua, Edo State, had been living with the woman for five years on Abiodun Adesida Street, Oke Afa, Lagos before the terrible incident happened.
It was gathered that the pregnant woman got angry when the housemaid while ironing the children’s clothes on Sunday, started dosing.
She barged in on her, snatched the hot iron from her and slammed it on her hand and thigh. But, the girl explained that she had dosed off because she was tired after spending hours washing clothes belonging to the woman’s husband and children before fanning the her when there was no light.

It was the girl’s teachers who noticed the injuries and reported the incident to the police at the Aswani division, leading to the arrest of the boss.
Egbadon said, “My mum divorced my dad about six years ago and she is now in Benin. She left my three siblings and I with him. When he could not take care of us, he gave me to madam who is our relative.”
“On Sunday, she said it was stuffy and told me to fan her. When the electricity was restored, she told me to iron her children’s clothes. I was sleepy while ironing the clothes. She said I wanted to burn the clothes, collected the iron and placed it on my hand and thigh.
“Her husband is not aware of the way she treats me. He lives in Abuja and comes home once in a while. Whenever we travel home, she is kind to me in the presence of my father. I want to go back home.”
Momodu, however, said the housemaid injured herself with the iron out of fear when she chided her for dosing. She added that she had wanted to take her back home but her father refused.
She said, “She was sleeping and I asked her how she could be sleeping while ironing. It was that shock that led to all this. I did not know she informed her teacher. The iron fell on her. I did not do it. I did not tell her to fan me.”

Follow OlofofoVillage on Twitter!

Like OlofofoVillage on Facebook!


Post a Comment

 
Top