A 45-year-old-man has been nabbed for the alleged ra’pe his three-year-old step-daughter in the village of Kundu, in Rafi Local Government Area of Niger State
Police in the state say they were alerted of the development after the mother of the victim, Malama Fatima Bawa, reported the matter to the state’s Child Rights Protection Agency.
According to Vanguard, the unnamed suspect denied the allegation, claiming he only intervened to save the girl from the mother’s beating


But the wife said she caught him s*xually abusing her daughter after he approached her for s*x at night and she refused him.
She said;
“My husband likes s*x too much, so I chased him out of the room in the night and locked the door,”
“It was after I chased him out that I heard my daughter, who was sleeping in the parlour, crying. I quickly ran to her only to see my husband abusing my daughter s*xually.
“I am a breast feeding mother and I spend the whole of my day taking care of the children, yet my husband does not allow me to rest.”
Bawa added that she saw blood stains and semen on the girl’s body before she took the girl to the hospital, on the advice of her brother in-law’s wife who she informed immediately.
Describing the rape as “ungodly”, the Director-General of the agency, Hajiya Mariam Kolo, said the victim would be treated in the hospital while the suspect would be charged to court in accordance with Section 18 of the Child Rights Law.