0
 

I used to be that innocent
girl who had the world at
her feet. I was beautiful and
I had eyes and hips that
could make men sway, and
to top it all up, I was a
Christian, a very good
Christian with a heart
burning for God. When I
entered the university, I met
a guy, his name was Derrick.
I couldn't believe my luck
the first time I bumped into
him on my way to class, he
had such a kind smile and a
tender look that weakened
my knees when he spoke.
Because I was late for class
we couldn't talk much but
barely three weeks later, I
met him at the fresher's
night party and I was
overwhelmed. We got
talking and I found out that
he was in his second year
and from that night, we
became an inseparable pair.
At first, we were friends and
as months passed by, we got
closer and closer and the
chemistry between us was
undeniable.
About a year after I entered
the university, Derrick and I
started dating. He was
everything a girl could ever
want and desire save the
fact that he wasn't so much
of a Christian. Derrick had
magical hands that made
him hard to resist and most
times I fell for it. At first, I
felt bad but when I couldn't
help falling into the same pit
I killed the guilt on my
inside. And then one day,
one of my friends said I was
getting fatter and that got
me thinking and in the
process I began to link the
dots…first I had a vomiting
spree every morning which
I thought was due to a flu
and then I had this morning
sickness which I felt was
due to stress and then my
missing period…oh no it
can't be possible I said to
myself, I couldn't be
pregnant!!!
After a series of test outside
school, I realized the
deadliest truth, I was
indeed pregnant. I was only
nineteen, I still had a whole
life ahead of me, what was I
going to do. I couldn't tell
my parents, they wouldn't
hear of it. I had to go to
Derrick to tell him what I
had found out. On telling
him, I saw him fly into a
temper I had never seen in
my life. He was so hysterical,
calling me all sorts of names
and I didn't even know
when I started crying heart
drenching tears of hurt and
betrayal. When he looked
into my eyes he must have
realized how scared and
hurt I was and so he pulled
me close and ran his hands
through my hair until I had
calmed down and then he
said to me in the most subtle
voice ever " why don't you
have an abortion". I pulled
back instantly, I couldn't
have an abortion! But when
he talked about my parents
and the sanctioning of the
school and the fellowship
which I belonged to, I
knew I had no other choice.
Derrick had made all the
arrangements and so on the
supposed day we went to
the room- like clinic. I
shivered all through my way
there but Derrick kept
telling me that it would be
okay and that he was proud
that I made such a brave
decision. When I entered
into the room where the
abortion was supposed to
take place I laid down on
the table trying to dissociate
my mind from what I was
about to do and then a
young man told me sternly,
" you know I can't perform
this procedure with your
underwear on" and then I
began to pull it off. As I did
this a sense of guilt
overwhelmed me, first I had
pulled off my underwear of
pleasure and now I was
pulling it off to get rid of the
stigma the pleasure had
brought…what a shame, I
felt so exposed.
All through the times that I
felt instruments coming in
and out of me, I kept
thinking of the lady I had
become and the hypocrite I
had transformed into. I let
out a sigh, only if I can get
through this I muttered…
only if…and then I felt a
sharp pain pierce through
the whole of my body, I
screamed but then the
doctor told me to be quiet. I
felt another pain but this
time I bit my lip and then
the pain began to come in
successions. I instinctively
knew that something was
wrong but I was too weak to
talk or to move and then I
heard the voices of Derrick
and the doctor talking about
the fact that I was bleeding
excessively. The pain was so
unbearable and I could feel
myself getting weaker and
weaker. With the last
strength in me, I pleaded
with God "Oh Lord I'm so
sorry for taking my under
wears off, please forgive me.
" and I drifted into a world
where the pain seemed less
hurtful and the voices
seemed more distant.
Friends, our bodies are the
temple of the Lord…Do not
take off your underwear
when the time is not right.
Lots of girls who gained
admission into the university
as virgins eventually lost it
so cheaply to guys who have
nothing to do with their
destinies. In a bid to get a
certificate, they sold out a
destiny that certificate
cannot guarantee.
Friends, permit me to say it
for the umpteenth time,
even if you have lost your
virginity, you can become
chaste again! Record a
period of virginity from a
particular time till marriage
and in the presence of God,
you are as chaste as someone
who has known no man
because you have chosen to
honor Him again despite
your past.
Virtuous women aren't in
bed with their fiancé right
now. If he is sleeping with
you…he's sleeping with
others. Yup, you are not the
only one. A boyfriend, even
a long term one is STILL not
a husband. Too many
women are giving
boyfriends husband
privileges! We keep losing
what is rightfully ours
because we keep messing
with what's not ours. There is
just something classy about a
woman who can control her
emotions!
Many have been laid on the
slab of abortion, yet they
keep involving in activities
that will take them back on
that slab! Risking it all!
Please, DON'T TAKE OFF
YOUR UNDERWEAR!; any
man who has not signed his
life to you is not worth it!

Post a Comment

 
Top